Suzdal, Russia 

A different experience is when you hear the name of Russia, snow-covered roads, huge churches, ancient history and harsh weather come to mind. I had wanted to see this mysterious country up close for a long time. Finally, one winter morning, I set off for the historical small town of Suzdal in Russia. 

I had read the name of the city in a book before. It is said that it is one of the most beautiful and peaceful cities in Russia. The old wooden houses, churches, rural life and the sincerity of the people here fascinate tourists. 

I first arrived in Moscow by plane from Delhi. As soon as I stepped out of the airport, the cold wind hit my face. Seeing the snow-covered roads, rows of cars and the busy movement of people around me, it felt like I had stepped into a movie. 

After spending a day in Moscow, I set off for Suzdal by train. Time was passing by as I saw the white snow-covered fields, small villages and distant forests outside the window. The behavior of the Russian people inside the train was very polite.  Even though not everyone spoke English, they were still helping with a smile.


Read More Story